All Cash App Users face unauthorized payments on Cash App, which are a common issue. You may see some unauthorized charges or some Cash App unknown charges on your account. But do not stress out, we will help you unfold all the queries you have and give you the best possible solutions too. First, if you are hesitant and doubtful about using Cash App then don’t be because Cash App is end-to-end encrypted and all your data is secured safely without any other party getting to know it. Cash App is trusted by millions of people in the US for its user-friendly and safeguard technology. Cash App has all the features like Cash App Direct Deposits, Cash App Borrow Money, purchase of Bitcoin, and investing in US stocks. You do not need any other financial application other than Cash App. So now let us come back to the main topic of this article: what are Unauthorized charges on Cash App?
Possible reasons for Unauthorized Cash App charges
There can be many reasons for having Unauthorized charges on a Cash App card, we are listing them down below:
- You may have taken an auto-pay subscription from any entertainment or lifestyle app like Netflix which charges every month.
- You might have enabled an auto-pay on your Cash App account after purchasing any product from a merchant and the merchant authorizes payment again which can lead to a deduction of money from your Cash App Account.
- For instance, if you have had dinner at any restaurant and paid the bill and you unknowingly signed up to pay a tip to the waiter from your Cash App card then there will be the deduction which you may think is Cash App unknown charges but it is not.
- Scams and frauds are flooding the online banking sphere, it can be a scam too which you count as Cash App fraudulent charges.
- Cash App unauthorized transactions can happen when your Cash App card is lost or stolen or your card details are leaked.
How to stop Cash App from applying unauthorized charges
Thankfully Cash App gives you a feature to prevent and avoid any future unknown charges. If you see Cash App card unauthorized transactions, follow the process immediately.
- Open Cash App
- Go to the Cash App card tab from the home screen.
- Select the drop-down menu to select your problem.
- Click on Card Stolen.
- Make the verification by confirming your pin.
By following these steps you can stop Cash App from applying unauthorized charges to your Cash App itself, you can also call Cash App customer service to report your Cash App Card.
Can Cash App refund unauthorized transactions?
This may sound bitter but Cash App is not liable to refund unauthorized transactions. Refunds are only given by Cash App in the case of any fraud or scam other than that Cash App will first investigate the matter and then find a solution for you. If your transaction was processed by the merchant then you can contact the merchant directly and ask for a return if you know the business. Otherwise, you have to file a Cash App refund request and Cash App will do the further proceedings. We are listing the steps down to request a Cash App refund.
- Tap to open the Cash App on your device and log into it.
- On the home screen of the Cash App, you will see a clock icon, get into the clock icon tab.
- You will see your recent transactions.
- Tap on the transaction you had a problem with.
- From the drop-down menu, select Refund.
- Tap on OK.
From here Cash App will take your request into concern and you will be updated for the same. Remember when Cash App refunds your amount, you will receive the refund in your cash app card if it was processed by your Cash App card and you will receive the money back in your credit card if it was a Credit card payment deduction. The Cash App refunds work instantly but in case you see a slight delay because of various factors such as the Cash App server being down, the merchant delaying the refund process, or an Internet connectivity issue, then it may take 1-3 business days to reflect in your Cash App account.
Can I dispute a Cash App transaction with my bank?
Yes, Cash App disputes are often filed by the Cash App users. If you wonder whether or not this works then we would like to inform you that you can dispute a Cash App transaction. The cash App dispute process needs to be followed by the Cash App users to raise a dispute against any transaction. We will discuss the steps in the next section.
Although to protect your money, you need to be attentive to your every transaction and remember to keep your Cash App Account and Cash App Card details private. Beware of the online scams and frauds happening and trapping the Cash App users, do not believe in any kind of information if it is not from the official Cash App handle.
How to report unknown charges to Cash App customer service to get a refund?
When you notice any suspicious deduction on your account. You may panic thinking the Cash App stole my money but this is not true. Somewhere somehow unknowingly you have shared the card or account details or you have been trapped in an online money scam. But anyways, you can report the unknown charges on your Cash App account by following the steps below:
- Open the Cash App on your device.
- Go to the Activity tab from the Cash App homepage.
- Select the transaction you have doubts about.
- From the Dropdown menu, click on Need Help and Cash App support.
- Select Dispute this transaction.
- Click on OK.
This way you can report Cash App unauthorized payments. Once you file a claim, Cash App will investigate the case and resolve your claim. You will be updated via email by the Cash App. Although there is no fixed number of days for the settlement, you can stay in touch with the Cash App customer support team to get updated.